Networked Media Tank
Help with converting dts to ac3 in haali splitter - Printable Version

+- Networked Media Tank (http://www.networkedmediatank.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: General NMT Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Help with converting dts to ac3 in haali splitter (/showthread.php?tid=5305)

Help with converting dts to ac3 in haali splitter - eric89074 - 06-26-2008 11:29 AM

I have a few dts files that for some reason dts2ac3 won't convert to ac3 so I'm trying to use haali splitter to convert the dts files. Every time I go to convert in haali it wants to output the ac3 file in 2 channel audio. I've changed the settings in ac3 filter and ffdshow to output "as is" but it still only wants to output the ac3 file in 2 channels. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong because I'm gonna go nuts here. Thanks.

- hangman - 06-26-2008 01:14 PM

Maybe neither ffdshow or ac3filter are being used in the graph for DTS decoding?

Little confused though, halli's splitter is just a directshow filter, presumably you are using some other app to convert.

Something like:
Haali's splitter-->audio decoder-->ac3acm(?)-->halli's writer(?)

with the video passed straight through.

- spawn - 06-26-2008 01:58 PM

Haali has a raw .mkv muxer with the ability to convert the streams while muxing. Its in the Haali program files folder and called dsmux

Basically it just an interface that adds to the graph as you described and you get

Something like:
Haali's splitter-->audio decoder-->ac3acm-->halli's writer
with the video passed straight through.

and I agree that Maybe neither ffdshow or ac3filter are being used in the graph for DTS decoding?

- chris57 - 06-26-2008 02:40 PM

So to help Eric out with the gdsmux 6 channel DTS being converted to stereo downmix AC3 rather than 6 channel AC3, where is the setting? Or is gdsmux only 2 channel?

- spawn - 06-26-2008 03:13 PM

Gdsmux is neither - the setting is set in the decoding filter being used.

If using ffdshow then under mixer "output speakers configuration" instead of 2 channel one selects "same as input" to allow all channels to be decoded and converted. If using AC3 filter something similar is selected as output.

The problem may be that eric may have something else installed, some other software like powerdvd which filters are being used in the graph to decode rather than the AC3 filter or ffdshow. Then he also need to change the configuration in Powerdvd from 2 channel to 5.1

Easiest is propably to get graphedit - and open the mediafile in graphedit to see which filters are being loaded default

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/GraphEdit

- hangman - 06-26-2008 03:58 PM

Looks like it might be a problem with AC3ACM. In graphedit it won't connect to a 5.1 source, only 2 channel. Could just be an issue with ACM in general.

Re: Help with converting dts to ac3 in haali splitter - HeartWare - 06-26-2008 05:53 PM

eric89074 Wrote:I have a few dts files that for some reason dts2ac3 won't convert to ac3 so I'm trying to use haali splitter to convert the dts files.
If it's on a Windows PC, you can use HeartWare MKV AudioConverter to convert .DTS tracks in .MKV files to .AC3 tracks (optionally keeping the .DTS track as well).

- eric89074 - 06-26-2008 11:47 PM

Thanks heartware, it worked on the problem dts files.