Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
MLMJ - Details/Actor Bio not generated
02-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Bug MLMJ - Details/Actor Bio not generated
Hello all,
This is my first post, so please be gentle with me Wink
I have MoC 5.6 running on XP.
I have exported my collection with MLMJ Rev 6. into the MoC template folder like specified. Rebooted after installing also.
I have experienced some strange results, some I can work around and some that I do not know how to resolve.

First even when setting to yes the thumbnail cleanup and Imagemagik, they do not seem to launch. I notice that Imagemagik is a different version then the one by default when downloading MLMJ. Could this be the cause?
But I forgot about that and decided to go with the Jpg's instead of Png and I have and set both options to NO (I also made sure to choose jpg in the Detail Settings tab)

The 2 problems I would like to solve are:
1)
For all the movies, some of them have the DVD cover in the Detail Htm file and some don't. I cannot seem to find a patern as to why this is happening.
At first I thought that only those that have a "link" for the VIDEO_TS file would get included but it isn't so. I just added my 4 boxsets for Enterprise and all of them have the DVD cover in the detail.htm, even if I didnt create their link yet. Huh
I cannot count the amount of time I have re-run the SETUP, then EXPORT.
Nothing seems to work.
2)
I am also having a similar problem with the Actor Bio.
The Actor page does not have the Photo of the actor (I get: Actor photo coming soon). But strangely enough, I have all the photos of the films I have for the Actor and I can click on them to get to the movie.
Also, I do not have any of the Actor's profile displayed. The ones that are included in the text file, ex: Bruce Willis.txt
I can see that this text file contains the Html that needs to be inserted in the Actor Bio page but it doesn't happen...and same thing for the Actor's photo (Bruce Willis.jpg).
I have even tried to copy the Actors folder that contains the photo and the Bio description in almost every folder generated (I thought it could be a HREF error)...Nothing Sad
Any suggestions?
ps: here's a summary of my file MJVariables.txt
Many thanks,
Christian

Drive Location = C:\zexport
Copy Resources? = NO
MovieIndex = index
Movies per page = 091
Index Background = background.jpg
Movie Columns = 7
Thumbnail height = 170
Thumbnail padding = 3
Thumbnail Cleanup? = NO
ImageMagick Convert = NO
Details Background = background.jpg
Image File Ext. = jpg
Display Movie Back = NO
Cover Image Height = 500
IMDB rating = YES
Video format = YES
Show Seen It = NO
Show Cast Info = YES
Show Crew = NO
Show Actor Links = YES
Show Nav Top = YES
Show Nav Bottom = NO
Actor Background = Movies1.jpg
Copy Actors Folder = YES
Perform Actor Export = YES
# Filters to Export = 20
Main Index Title = My Lil Movie Jukebox Main Index
Filter 101 = Action Action Movies
Filter 102 = Adventure Adventure Movies
Filter 103 = Animation Animation Movies
Filter 104 = Comedy Comedies
Filter 105 = Crime Crime Movies
Filter 106 = Drama Dramas
Filter 107 = Family Family Movies
Filter 108 = Fantasy Fantasy Movies
Filter 109 = Horror Horror Movies
Filter 110 = Musical Musicals
Filter 111 = Mystery Mysteries
Filter 112 = Romance Romance / Romantic Comedies
Filter 113 = SciFi Science Fiction Movies
Filter 114 = Thriller Thrillers
Filter 115 = War War Movies
Filter 116 = Western Westerns
Filter 117 = Oscar List Best Picture and Best Picture Nominees
Filter 118 = Documentary Documentary
Filter 119 = Bond James Bond Movies
Filter 120 = Star Trek Star Trek
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2009, 02:50 AM
RE: MLMJ - Details/Actor Bio not generated
After you have imported your movie into Movie Collector, ... make sure that each cover is approx 325 px x 450 px x 72 dpi
(you can edit them)

In order for the actor exports to work properly, you must have the "actors folder" on your PC in the "templates folder" of Movie Collector.

Make sure you're running the latest version of MoC rev6 , .... ie should be build 4 or above.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
Eversion, evZap, w/ My Overlays Part#1,Part#2,Part#3,Part#4 Cast/Crew Filmography
02-07-2009, 04:34 AM
(02-06-2009 02:50 AM)Legion455 Wrote:  After you have imported your movie into Movie Collector, ... make sure that each cover is approx 325 px x 450 px x 72 dpi
(you can edit them)

In order for the actor exports to work properly, you must have the "actors folder" on your PC in the "templates folder" of Movie Collector.

Make sure you're running the latest version of MoC rev6 , .... ie should be build 4 or above.

Hello Legion,
thanks for the reply Smile
My "Actors" folder is already there under the Templates folder of MoC.
I have MovieCollector 5.6 Build 2
And I still do not get the Actors pages.
I have checked all my images and they were all within the size you specified. There is even one that was larger and that one showed up in the Detail page and some that were smaller didnt show Huh.

I have started looking at the "MJ100_Detail.xsl" file and the way I see this is that there must be some conditions (on of the 3 Cases) for which a movie will or will not have its picture in the Detail page. For example, if there is a Link then for sure the detail page will show the movie picture.
I also think that for boxsets, since they have more then 1 discs, it causes the picture to appear in the Detail Html even if there is no Movie Link for the Boxset (see line 198: test="$episodecount > 0 )
. This might be a case of "If / endif " grouping sections of code that shouldnt be happening.

I want to add that I do not have my HDX-1000 yet. So I am not exporting to it, only the Temp drive of the PC. But this should not be a problem. The EXPORT should allow to first create everything locally on your PC so that you can then export it to the Popcorn. If it is not made to do so than I think it could be a nice addition to the EXPORT program Blush.
Kinda like a 2 phase thing: 1-EXPORT to PC 2- Copy to NMT

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Christian

Christian
approverman@gmail.com

Fellas! Fellas! Check this... all... reds!
02-07-2009, 03:04 PM
in Movie Collector , open the "Example Movies" then do the export using those movies, ... and when you run the export, ... SELECT the LITE MODE ... and see what happens.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
Eversion, evZap, w/ My Overlays Part#1,Part#2,Part#3,Part#4 Cast/Crew Filmography
02-07-2009, 07:51 PM
(02-07-2009 03:04 PM)Legion455 Wrote:  in Movie Collector , open the "Example Movies" then do the export using those movies, ... and when you run the export, ... SELECT the LITE MODE ... and see what happens.

Hello Legion,
I did a fresh install on a new laptop (WinXP) that I have, so starting from scratch.
I did a fresh install of Movie Coll. 5.6 and used the sample movie database.
I made sure I did the proper settings in MoC for the Export to Html.
I ran the SETUP first, then did the EXPORT using the LITE mode.
I notice that with the LITE mode the "Resources" folder gets created to my export location.
This is good because when I ran it initially with the NORMAL mode, it was not creating it, I had to copy it from the Templates folder.

And now for the detail pages. This why I beleive it may be related to what info a movie has into the Movie Collector.
I am using the sample database provided with the software. So I am hoping you are familiar with it.
As you may know it contains 20 movies.
Out of those, only 3 show a DVD cover in the detail page:
24 Season 1
The Sopranos Season 1
The Simpsons Season 4

Again I see a patern here. They are all boxset. This seems to be the only characteristic that sets it appart from the others.
And this happens wether we are choosing LITE or NORMAL mode.

regards,
Christian

Christian
approverman@gmail.com

02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
make sure you run the setup program first.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
(02-07-2009 09:40 PM)Legion455 Wrote:  make sure you run the setup program first.

Hello Legion,

Yes I did ran the SETUP program first.
And it didnt work.
I think I am gonna give up on the Actor BIO page, so no more worries on that part.
But still I wanted the Movie detail page to show the DVD cover.
I was still convince that something may be wrong with the MJ100_Detail.xsl file.
Sooo, I look back in the "Revisions/Change log" section of your page.
I saw a download you have dated 11/01/08.
I downloaded this ZIP file and compared the MJ100_Detail.xsl with the one in your latest revision (Rev 6).
They are different. So I used the old one instead (110108) ....
Voila! I got my DVD covers now in the detail page.
I think the MJ100_Detail.xsl contained in your latest link may be corrupted or not up to date. I have re-downloaded your latest revision 6 many times and the file is always the same.

Cheers,

Christian
approverman@gmail.com

02-09-2009, 06:54 PM
the latest ewvision added TV Episodes, .. so the .xsl file was completely different.

in the next day or so, .. I'll try the example databaser again and see what happens with the latyest xsl

take care
ALlen

THe Acotr export uses a different Detail .xsl file, ... so in your Movie Collector, if you have alot of xsl files show up on the Detail Tab (export to html) then teh Actor one might now be getting selected properly ... Delete any xsl files that currectly are not being used.

Take Care
Allen

HD Videos of my jukebox:
02-10-2009, 05:46 PM
(02-09-2009 06:54 PM)Legion455 Wrote:  the latest ewvision added TV Episodes, .. so the .xsl file was completely different.

in the next day or so, .. I'll try the example databaser again and see what happens with the latyest xsl

take care
ALlen

THe Acotr export uses a different Detail .xsl file, ... so in your Movie Collector, if you have alot of xsl files show up on the Detail Tab (export to html) then teh Actor one might now be getting selected properly ... Delete any xsl files that currectly are not being used.

Hello Legion,

I can't wait to see the results of your testing. Angle
I was wondering, could you post in a reply the latest version of the MJ100_Detail.xsl file you have?
Maybe the version you have indeed works but somehow it didnt get into the Revision6 Zip...
Intruder Alert ! Cool

Regards,
Christian

Christian
approverman@gmail.com

02-19-2009, 06:56 PM
(02-09-2009 06:54 PM)Legion455 Wrote:  the latest ewvision added TV Episodes, .. so the .xsl file was completely different.

take care
ALlen

Hello Legion455,

I didn't hear back from you.
Did you have a chance to try it out on the sample database of MoC?
By the way, love the new Actors/Directors addition to the MLMJ.
But even with that XML I still get the same issue Sad

Regards,

Christian
approverman@gmail.com

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MLMJ and Movie Collector 9 johnfromen6 7 2,723 06-19-2013 02:03 AM
Last Post: gsbaker
  [MLMJ] DVD Empire Script broken gsbaker 3 1,754 05-02-2013 12:28 AM
  [MLMJ] Script to convert from MLMJ to YAMJ Swannpin 9 2,680 02-16-2012 04:51 PM
Last Post: Swannpin
  [MLMJ] - Upgrading to Movie Collector 8??? gsbaker 4 3,718 11-21-2011 11:35 AM
Last Post: bigkid
  MLMJ and genre filters in MoC Penge58 1 1,781 08-28-2011 02:50 PM
  MLMJ Irfanview not closing when done Penge58 0 1,408 08-25-2011 10:44 AM
Last Post: Penge58
  MLMJ - Stops at Initializing Variables bigkid 16 4,950 07-22-2011 03:45 AM
Last Post: bigkid
  [MLMJ] Is this project still active? charlesc 23 7,086 06-28-2011 11:39 PM
Last Post: michael1t
  MLMJ stuck with MoC version 7.1.6 Penge58 5 2,441 06-23-2011 05:47 PM
  MLMJ export issues - adding nmt: to location zhakrin 1 1,920 06-21-2011 02:56 PM