Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
torrrentproblem
04-26-2008, 11:50 AM
torrrentproblem
Hi all, I guess this is a stupid question but I have 2 torrents (from diffrent sites) and it dont download anyting. I choosed port 9005 and portforwarded the same port in my router.
PC says "downloading" but nothing happends...
Find all posts by this user
04-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Are they private torrent sites that only allow utorrent as a client?

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
04-26-2008, 01:11 PM

yes that was the problem. tried some other sites and it works excellent now 8)
thanks

chris57 Wrote:Are they private torrent sites that only allow utorrent as a client?
04-26-2008, 04:07 PM

chris57 Wrote:Are they private torrent sites that only allow utorrent as a client?

Chris, does the newer firmware of popcorn lets you use private site's torrets ( I use azureus on my pc ) so no idea if the problem are that "utorrent only" sites or just private servers in general.

-= yoo! =-
04-26-2008, 07:28 PM

No the newer firmware is still the same linux torrent client.

There have been mumours of spoofing the client to utorrent but if private trackers ppick it up they ban you so I hope that its not progressed.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/viewto...t=utorrent

CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
04-26-2008, 07:30 PM

chris57 Wrote:No the newer firmware is still the same linux torrent client.

There have been mumours of spoofing the client to utorrent but if private trackers ppick it up they ban you so I hope that its not progressed.

I wonder if there is a way to replace such torrent client for azureus light or similars Tongue

-= yoo! =-
04-28-2008, 11:32 PM

tamalero Wrote:

I wonder if there is a way to replace such torrent client for azureus light or similars :P

[PH] How about Transmission Torrent?

Popcorn Hour support team
04-29-2008, 01:00 AM

popcornhour Wrote:
tamalero Wrote:

I wonder if there is a way to replace such torrent client for azureus light or similars Tongue

[PH] How about Transmission Torrent?
Im afraid I dont know that version but as long it supports private ( via cookies or keyphrase) torrents ?

-= yoo! =-
04-29-2008, 07:08 AM

Here are a few private site allowed clients:-

Azureus no betas only versions 3.0.5.2 & 2.5.0.4
Utorrent no betas only version 1.7.7
rTorrent/libtorrent Newest Stable

Other Client Specific Information

* rTorrent/libtorrent
o This client and GUI are released as a pair - do not update one and not the other. Trying to bypass client bans in this way is an instantly bannable offence. If in doubt ASK.
o We endeavour to allow the newest version available in any official Debian repository as well as the current stable. However usage of this version is covered by the beta rule as it is offered as a convenience only. Please also note though that as soon as a newer version is available from Debian all older versions will be banned immediately with no warning or delay.

* Bittornado
o It is STRONGLY recommended Windows users DON'T use Bittornado as it is inferior to Azureus or other acceptable client. If you should choose to use BitTornado, the only allowed version is: 0.3.17

* Vuze (Azureus 3.0)
o This client is official and uses the Azureus beta code. Versions will be allowed on a case by case basis

* uTorrent
o All versions of uTorrent released after the initiation of the sale to its new owner are currently subjected to close scrutiny. The Utorrent 1.7.* series are only being allowed on a case by case basis.
o Do not post re: this policy in the forums. All relevant points are already clearly laid out. We apolgise however due to ongoing wasting of staff time responding re: this policy will result in a 1 day warning and your thread being locked. Any changes to this policy will be announced on the home page and updated here.
o Version 1.6 has a security hole that affects public trackers if you are connectable. Many users however still consider this a less risky client than 1.6.1 as it was released well before the sale of the codebase. XXXXX allows both 1.6 and 1.6.1.
o Currently allowed versions:
+ 1.6
+ 1.6.1 (preferred choice)
+ 1.7.7

* Transmission
o The current stable version of Transmission is allowed but is covered by the beta rule. This allows keen adopters of this client to test it within the swarm. Use with appropriate levels of caution and make sure you understand the terms of the beta rule.

* kTorrent
o The current stable version of kTorrent is allowed but is covered by the beta rule. This allows keen adopters of this client to test it within the swarm. Use with appropriate levels of caution and make sure you understand the terms of the beta rule.

* Deluge
o The current stable version of Deluge is allowed but is covered by the beta rule. This allows keen adopters of this client to test it within the swarm. Use with appropriate levels of caution and make sure you understand the terms of the beta rule.

Transmission is allowed at most of the big private sites and would work certainly better than the current client.

Here's the beta rule:

Beta Clients

WARNING WARNING WARNING!:
We occasionally allow certain beta clients due to popular demand however it is important to realize a beta client is NOT just a new feature release it is a client that has not been tested properly yet. If you opt to run the latest beta you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK and will be given ZERO leniency if it does something wrong and get YOU banned. Again so there is no doubt, by using a BETA client you are placing all your trust in the client developer. If the BETA messes up you WILL be banned. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Beta clients will be banned the instant we see a new version is released. There will be no notice or annoucement. If you are testing a beta client you should be following changes to it anyway.

05-17-2008, 01:55 PM

I am all in for a change to transmission or rTorrent. both are widely accepted on private trackers (I think rTorrent even more then transmission). I hope there will be a change :]
05-17-2008, 06:48 PM

they should make a poll Tongue

-= yoo! =-
05-17-2008, 06:51 PM

Nothing to stop you making a poll or starting a thread for a change in torrent client. Big Grin

06-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Transmission
Please change the torrentclient to transmission, then we will have encryption!!!!!
06-22-2008, 05:01 PM

would be great to have rTorrent or at least transmission Wink
Thread Closed