Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
[FLASH SKIN] Eversion Beta2! v0.2.7 (R0108)
06-16-2011, 11:13 AM
RE: Eversion Beta2! v0.2.0 (R0055)
(06-16-2011 10:56 AM)ellega Wrote:  is is possible to see the result on PC ?
( I have a big HD which must move between the PC and the POPCORN)
not at this time

Quote:does it exist on Eversion a function like companion page or similar function on detail page ?
(Direct link on actor, Director, years, country, actor ...)

not yet.

Quote:But is it possible to have a PC mode in future ?

depends what you want it to be able to do, flash on a pc has more security restrictions and certain things are not going to be possible with how it works. Although don't read into this, I"m not looking into making it pc friendly there's still a bazillion things I need to work on my tv first.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user says Thank You to accident for this post
06-16-2011, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2011 03:13 PM by ellega.)
(06-16-2011 11:13 AM)accident Wrote:  depends what you want it to be able to do

I would like navigate on wall or from each category page and see the result (as with aeon skin for example) after:
- YAMJ was update with new release (because there is some bug sometimes)
- have to change some setting about display
- have added movie (control plot, year, title, poster)

I have lot of movie (+ 1000). I add / delete movie every day.
Perhaps what I want is impossible on PC or need lot of time to make.
If I m alone to ask this demand ... Huh Do not take more time about this. Cool

PS : sorry for my bad english
06-16-2011, 03:14 PM
(06-16-2011 12:23 PM)ellega Wrote:  If I m alone to ask this demand ...

No, you're not. It would be very useful for testing; a basic display of eversion with a swf player like it was possible with beta 1 would be sufficient, I think.
Currently I'm struggling with changing the translation in the settings file; I have plugged in and out my NMT over 20 times for this already...
But I agree it's not of major importance; would be a nice-to-have.

PCH A-210
[+] 1 user says Thank You to safran64 for this post
06-16-2011, 06:10 PM
RE: UPDATE: Eversion Beta2! v0.2.1 (R0056)
Since I upgraded to Beta 2 I have following problem:
The TV-Show wall doesn't show me the name of the TV shows anymore. Instead it shows the name of the first season.
For example: instead of "Lost" it shows "Lost Season 1". Instead of "Alias" it shows "Alias Specials"

Is this a bug or did I mess something up?
Haven't had that problem with Beta 1.
06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Version 2.1 looks nice! One thing I immediately noticed, is that on the "infowall", the cursor reacts a little slower. That's probably because the summaries are being loaded instantly, when the prior version of Eversion had a little pause before showing the summary. Can I easily change that? I would like the cursor to be as snappy as possible Smile

I have to return some videotapes.
06-16-2011, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2011 07:33 PM by Bazrah.)
(06-16-2011 03:45 AM)TheOther1 Wrote:  Is there a way I can filter based on a folder? I have all of the kids movies in a folder named Kids and it would be great if I could click an entry on main ribbon for Kids and see only those movies.

As Accident says, I've got a setup similar to your question.

There are two parts:
1. Getting YAMJ to recognise that you want to seperate out these specific films.
2. Adding a "Kids" link on the home list.

I'll take you through how I've done this and then we can take it from there to see if the same method works for you.

1. Grouping the specific films in YAMJ.

You can create a separate jukebox just for the folder you want, but my method is to use an NFO file to add a custom genre. This way it doesn't matter where the films are located.

This sample NFO also has the IMDB id and the watched flag but you don't need them specifically for this setup.
Code:
<movie>      
    <watched>true</watched>            
    <id>tt0120363</id>                                    
    <genre>Kids</genre>    
</movie>

Put one of these for each of the films in the Kids folder. You can read more about NFO files here

2. Adding a link to the homelist.

Open home.control in C:\YAMJ\skins\eversion\eskins\evstreamed and modify to look like this (you should need to just add the last bit):

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?&gt;
&lt;!--
Control file for home page of Eversion infowall eskin.

For more info: http://www.dentedboxes.com/doku.php/eversion:eskins:ref:control
--&gt;
<control>
    <insert>
        <info>homelist</info>
    </insert>
    <item>
        <action>apps</action>
        <title>[:%apps:]</title>
    </item>
    <item>
        <action>exit</action>
        <title>[:%exit:]</title>
    </item>
        <item>
        <action>SWITCH</action>
        <title>Kids</title>
                 <data>Genres_Kids_1</data>
    </item>
</control>

That will now put a link on the far right of the home page menu bar for "Kids" which will take you to the first page of the Kids genre.

That setup works a treat for me.

Post back any questions and I'll keep this up to date with any tweaks people come up with.

Baz.

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Bazrah for this post
06-17-2011, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2011 12:21 AM by accident.)
(06-16-2011 03:14 PM)safran64 Wrote:  No, you're not. It would be very useful for testing; a basic display of eversion with a swf player like it was possible with beta 1 would be sufficient, I think.

First priority is always going to be on the hardware, and freeing it up to be able to run when the hardware api isn't talking back is a low priority but something I do look at, There's just so many things to do and I'm 1 person.

The people wanting to check what yamj found, it's probably faster to use something like YAYMAN. Just keep in mind yayman isn't a nfo manager so any changes you make will be lost if you reset the jukebox (and a reset is going to be recommended in an upcoming version for new tv show info now in yamj). If you never looked at the app, you should check it out.

Quote:Currently I'm struggling with changing the translation in the settings file; I have plugged in and out my NMT over 20 times for this already...

Thank you for this, your the first to even try to help with updating for another language with this version. If anything doesn't fit in any spaces, let me know and we can tweak the eskin a little. I feel the pain you should try testing the code when all you have is what's on the screen.

(06-16-2011 06:10 PM)Sarutobi_Sasuke Wrote:  The TV-Show wall doesn't show me the name of the TV shows anymore. Instead it shows the name of the first season.
For example: instead of "Lost" it shows "Lost Season 1". Instead of "Alias" it shows "Alias Specials"

The only place I know it will show you this is on the new tv or new screen when it only has 1 season that falls into the category. If you can email me the index files for that index (just the xml files) I can test with your index and see if I can spot what might be wrong. It could be a bug. accident (at) dentedboxes.com
(06-16-2011 06:36 PM)bas_nl Wrote:  Version 2.1 looks nice! One thing I immediately noticed, is that on the "infowall", the cursor reacts a little slower. That's probably because the summaries are being loaded instantly, when the prior version of Eversion had a little pause before showing the summary. Can I easily change that? I would like the cursor to be as snappy as possible Smile

You actually seeing 2 things..

1 is that some setups are really not reacting well to the extra processing that happens to take an eskin file and make that appear on the screen... your not the first to mention this so if you don't mind can you send a detailed rundown of your setup, model, drive, anything extra, where the jukebox is stored.. as much info as possible.

2 is that ev came out early and wasn't finished being fine tuned yet. so every release it'll get a little better and more balanced across all different types of setups. It's a long process and I can only do so many changes before i'm not sure and need to use it normally.
06-17-2011, 01:28 AM
(06-16-2011 06:10 PM)Sarutobi_Sasuke Wrote:  Since I upgraded to Beta 2 I have following problem:
The TV-Show wall doesn't show me the name of the TV shows anymore. Instead it shows the name of the first season.

I was able to make this happen, it might be a change in yamj throwing off the titles.. I'll get it fixed up in the next version.
06-17-2011, 06:26 AM
can someone confirm that eversion gives unefined error 0 in load eksin when there is a BD disc in the optical drive

(using 0.2.0)

PCH C-200 500GB 2.5 HDD + CH08LS10-> HDMI -> Onkyo 607 -> Samsung
LNT-5271F -> Harmony 880
Movies served from DNS-323 Using SMB and USB Hard Drive Enclosure Connected to PCH
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
please try 0.2.1 there were issues with this error yesterday , I think accident fixed this

(06-17-2011 06:26 AM)louisw Wrote:  can someone confirm that eversion gives unefined error 0 in load eksin when there is a BD disc in the optical drive

(using 0.2.0)

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.
06-17-2011, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2011 09:34 AM by RedNax.)
With Beta1 you could start eversion on (32bit!) opera and view the result.. (from work ;P ). Now with beta 2 it complains that the hardware doesn't respond (mac) which is ofcourse very true since it's not running on the intended hardware.. ANyway to skip the 'test'? (It's probably only done to be able to load the correct mac.xml)

C200 2TB Cat5 -> Onkyo TX-SR606 -> Sharp 52LE705E
06-17-2011, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2011 08:26 AM by bas_nl.)
(06-17-2011 12:01 AM)accident Wrote:  You actually seeing 2 things..

1 is that some setups are really not reacting well to the extra processing that happens to take an eskin file and make that appear on the screen... your not the first to mention this so if you don't mind can you send a detailed rundown of your setup, model, drive, anything extra, where the jukebox is stored.. as much info as possible.

2 is that ev came out early and wasn't finished being fine tuned yet. so every release it'll get a little better and more balanced across all different types of setups. It's a long process and I can only do so many changes before i'm not sure and need to use it normally.

1. My setup is: Popcorn A-200, 2 connected external USB HDD's, connected with HDMI to an Onkyo receiver. The Jukebox is stored on one of the 2 HDD's (tried both of them, with the same result).

2. I see Smile It really seems the loading of the info (summary / plot) is making my cursor quite a bit slower than beta 1; because the text is instantly loaded, instead of with a pause. So this can't be altered easily?

Question: How do I get the "fullwall" view to work? I changed the settings in "settings-default.xml" to "fullwall" in the evstreamed and evstreamed-overscan folders: typed "fullwall" where there was "infowall", but it didn't change anything - still the infowall. Didn't work either when building a new jukebox with these settings. Any ideas?

thanks!

I have to return some videotapes.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to bas_nl for this post
06-17-2011, 11:23 AM
(06-17-2011 08:23 AM)bas_nl Wrote:  [quote='accident' pid='492813' dateline='1308265266']

Question: How do I get the "fullwall" view to work? I changed the settings in "settings-default.xml" to "fullwall" in the evstreamed and evstreamed-overscan folders: typed "fullwall" where there was "infowall", but it didn't change anything - still the infowall. Didn't work either when building a new jukebox with these settings. Any ideas?

thanks!

Haha, ran into the same trap Big Grin
You must use "wallfull"
...then it will run like hell! Wink

see also: http://www.dentedboxes.com/doku.php/ever...ings:quick

Perhaps the misleading "fullwall" should be replaced by "wallfull" on http://www.dentedboxes.com/doku.php/ever...ings:quick

PCH A-210
[+] 3 users say Thank You to safran64 for this post
06-17-2011, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2011 12:20 PM by accident.)
(06-17-2011 11:23 AM)safran64 Wrote:  Perhaps the misleading "fullwall" should be replaced by "wallfull" on http://www.dentedboxes.com/doku.php/ever...ings:quick

Thanks, I knew I had it named wrong somewhere.
(06-17-2011 08:23 AM)bas_nl Wrote:  2. I see Smile It really seems the loading of the info (summary / plot) is making my cursor quite a bit slower than beta 1; because the text is instantly loaded, instead of with a pause. So this can't be altered easily?

I know exactly why it appears the text is causing it but you can remove the text from the screen and it still does it. It's just a balance game and doesn't happen as severe on all setups. Give it a couple revs, I know where the hangup is and trying to work out a solution that works really nice on the pch but doesn't screw over the popbox.
(06-17-2011 07:21 AM)RedNax Wrote:  Now with beta 2 it complains that the hardware doesn't respond (mac) which is ofcourse very true since it's not running on the intended hardware..

This was discussed a few posts above yours.. it was never made for a browser in either version. As time permits I'll take a peak to see if its possible now but it won't be a fast change. My recommendation to hold you over is try out YAYMAN, it's a gui that reads from the jukebox so if your checking what it came up with you can see it in there. Although someone is telling me now that yayman may not be compatible so I need to mention this to nordin.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to accident for this post
06-17-2011, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2011 01:32 PM by safran64.)
(06-17-2011 12:01 AM)accident Wrote:  
Quote:Currently I'm struggling with changing the translation in the settings file; I have plugged in and out my NMT over 20 times for this already...

Thank you for this, your the first to even try to help with updating for another language with this version. If anything doesn't fit in any spaces, let me know and we can tweak the eskin a little. I feel the pain you should try testing the code when all you have is what's on the screen.

Oh, just forgot. Solved it; it seemed to have to do something with the utf-8 coding.

You can find the german translation file at
http://www.mediafire.com/?gdcaxd366664uww

But it's not everything translated because sometimes I'm more used to the english terms and in some cases, eg. 'Preparing Optical Drive', I don't know exactly what it does and so what a german equivalent could be.

The only term I saw truncated so far was 'Untertitel' (=Subtitle).

One thing I also noticed: when I go from the main menu to a 'fullwall'/'wallfull' view only the first 20 covers are loaded untill I press a navigation button. Can that be changed so that all 24 covers are loaded immediately?

BTW: accident, you could have told me that I don't have to build a new Jukebox everytime for eversion when I just wanna do some testing. Wink

PCH A-210
[+] 1 user says Thank You to safran64 for this post
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [FLASH SKIN] evHell 4.0 for Eversion Rezurfer 417 87,761 04-08-2014 12:38 AM
Last Post: point zero
  [Guide] [EVERSION] How to add a custom item on the home list Bazrah 77 13,262 04-06-2014 10:34 AM
Last Post: jluc2808
  [FLASH SKIN] Eversion Beta2 v2.8.16 (R0179c)-FINAL accident 178 25,036 02-01-2014 07:26 PM
Last Post: rron
Photo [FLASH SKIN] pfpscope - A CinemaScope skin for Eversion pfp 23 10,769 05-20-2013 04:08 PM
Last Post: Cappy1
  [YAMJ] ALPHA TEST: Eversion with iSkin2 mobile/tablet Remote accident 85 17,704 05-19-2013 07:47 PM
Last Post: flyck
  [FLASH SKIN] Eversion Beta2 v0.2.8.16 (R0179) Released accident 515 168,797 12-18-2012 04:18 AM
Last Post: accident
  [Guide] [EVERSION] How to add custom libraries to the home screen plm 6 5,431 12-04-2012 08:49 PM
Last Post: plm
  [Guide] YAMJ/Eversion and the A300/Popbox V8/Popbox 3D accident 49 27,207 03-08-2012 04:47 AM
Last Post: pepar
  [FLASH SKIN] HalfNight Release For Eversion! halfelite 9 7,332 07-15-2011 03:54 AM
Last Post: zombiehunter
  [FLASH SKIN] Eversion: Public Beta 1, (V0.1.4 R0039) accident 518 188,840 06-15-2011 06:53 AM
Last Post: Omertron