Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MLMJ - Stops at Initializing Variables
07-03-2011, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 09:37 AM by bigkid.)
MLMJ - Stops at Initializing Variables
Hi all,

I have my movies on a NAS which until recently was also a mapped drive on my PC. I have changed the path for the movies in MOC using the network path:

\\MYNAS\Public\movies\movie name.vob

and I can play the movies from MOC on the PC. I have also checked that the export format in MOC to HTML is also the same.

I have now adjusted the PC/NMT Movie Location Pair (just the PC one) to show the new location (as above). When I run MLMJ the program gets to Initializing Variables and then stops. Before I go an do something drastic like re-installing MLMJ, can I confirm whether a mapped drive is required for the PC part of the Movie Location Pair, or should the above format work also.

Appreciate your advice. regards,

Allan

edit: Title of thread changed to more accurately reflect problem.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2011, 12:20 AM
RE: MLMJ - PC Movie Location
So the URL in the MoC Links tab for your movie reads \\MYNAS\Public\movies\movie name.vob correct?
07-04-2011, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 05:22 AM by bigkid.)
(07-04-2011 12:20 AM)gsbaker Wrote:  So the URL in the MoC Links tab for your movie reads \\MYNAS\Public\movies\movie name.vob correct?

Hi gsbaker. Thanks for responding. Yes, it does.

I am not absolutely positive, but I think I have previously had a successful export using this URL - I changed from a mapped drive over a month ago and thought I checked it then. However, not sure, so checking there is no impediment to using it before I look at other possibilities, particularly given the point at which the export stops.

Appreciate your advice.

Allan
07-05-2011, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2011 03:08 AM by gsbaker.)
I can't think of any obvious reasons why the string "\\MYNAS\Public\movies\" could not be stored in the PC location variables. What version of the MLMJ Export script are you using? Mine uses a .ini file to store variables. I think Legion's original scripts outputs a .txt file containing some of the key settings. Could you locate either the .ini file or the .txt file and post its contents? (They would be located in the My Documents\Movie Collector\Templates folder).
07-05-2011, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2011 10:38 AM by bigkid.)
Hi gsbaker.

Thanks again.

I am using Movie_Jukebox_EXPORT_071709.exe.

The variables are in a .txt file and the contents of that file is below. All looks fine. (Please note that my NAS is actually called bigkidsNAS - I changed it to MYNAS for the purpose of the post because .. well bigkidsNAS is just a little cheesy Blush )

MJ Variables Output 07/04/2011 21:26
by Allen Shope

Drive Location = \\BIGKIDSNAS\Public\MyJukebox\
Copy Resources? = NO

My PC Location 1 = \\BIGKIDSNAS\Public\movies\
My NMT Location 1 = file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/bigkidsNAS/movies/

My PC Location 2 = \\BIGKIDSNAS\Public\TV Series\
My NMT Location 2 = file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/bigkidsNAS/TV Series/

My PC Location 3 = OMIT
My NMT Location 3 = file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/QNAP::Qmultimedia/Video2/

My PC Location 4 = OMIT
My NMT Location 4 = file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/QNAP::Qmultimedia/HD/

My PC Location 5 = OMIT
My NMT Location 5 = file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/Video3/

******** INDEX SECTION *************

MovieIndex = index
Movies per page = 100
Index Background = background.jpg

Movie Columns = 10
Thumbnail height = 134
Thumbnail padding = 1

Focus Text = #000000
Focus Color = #FDDB2B
Captions? = NO

Thumbnail Cleanup? = NO
Irfanview Folder = C:\Program Files\IrfanView

ImageMagick Convert = NO
ImageMagick Folder = C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.4.2-Q8

******** DETAILS SECTION *************

Details Background = AllBlack.jpg
Image File Ext. = jpg
Display Movie Back = NO
Cover Image Height = 300

Focus Text = #000000
Focus Color = #FDDB2B

Play (not selected) = play1.png
Play (selected) = play_selected1.png

IMDB rating = YES
Video format = YES

Show Seen It = NO
Show Cast Info = YES

Show Crew = YES
Show Actor Links = YES

Show Nav Top = YES
Show Nav Bottom = NO

******** ACTOR SECTION *************

Actor Background = Movies1.jpg
Copy Actors Folder = NO
07-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Well, everything seems to look Ok. Can you re-try it using the standard PC path conventions (ie Z:\BIGKIDSNAS\Public\movies) to see if it still hangs at the same spot.
07-06-2011, 01:25 AM
(07-06-2011 12:41 AM)gsbaker Wrote:  Well, everything seems to look Ok. Can you re-try it using the standard PC path conventions (ie Z:\BIGKIDSNAS\Public\movies) to see if it still hangs at the same spot.

Thanks gsbaker. Might have to create a test MOC database as my current one is about 1500 discs and editing file paths in MOC is not always straight forward. Will post on the results, probably on the weekend.

a
07-09-2011, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 09:36 AM by bigkid.)
Not having much luck.

I've created a new, small database of movies in MOC. Re-mapped the NAS movie folder to a drive. The movies in MOC are linked to the files on the mapped drive. I changed the PC variable to reflect the mapped drive path. I run the export program and same result, the process stops during 'Initializing Variables' with MOC just opens and the 'Search' menu opens - then it stops.

I have tried exporting to a drive on my PC, same result.

I have re-installed MLMJ from scratch and reinstalled MOC. Same result.

Checked that MOC exports to HTML. It does.

Got no idea what is going on here and why MLMJ might be stalling at 'Initializing Variables'

Allan
07-15-2011, 01:20 AM
RE: MLMJ - Stops at Initializing Variables
A couple things you might try:

1. Make sure you have "Skip Zero movies check?" set to NO? It sounds like it is getting hung up trying to search for movies

2. When setting up the export script, try changing some of the parameters to simplify the export. Such as turn Irfanview and Imagemagik processing to NO, Overwrite details = No, Actor Export = No, Copy Resources and Actor Folder = No, minimize the # of genres, Set Export TV Series/Box Sets = No, etc. Basically try to run an export with an absolute minimum of options set. See if the process makes it any further this way.

3. The only consistent explanation given for MLMJ to "hang" in the middle of processing is if it somehow loses focus on the PC desktop. The MLMJ scripts are written in AutoIT which essentially just sends a series of keyboard commands to open applications (like MoC). As such, it is important that, once started, the MLMJ export script maintain focus until it has completed. This means no mouse movements, keyboard entry, etc. It may also mean to make sure that background processes that might interrupt the processing have been turned off.
07-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Thanks gsbaker. No luck though. However, I upgraded to MoC v8 this morning and now MLMJ is working again. Worked fine with v.6 and with earlier builds of v.7, just not v7.1 Build 6 for some reason. All good now. Will keep this early version of v8 in case future builds become a problem. All good.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Allan
07-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Interesting there seems to be an incompatibility issue with at least some of the MoC v7 builds.

Re: v8 - from the web-site it looks like it is set up to get at least some information from TMDb. Have they once again opened up access to third party databases for information (with v 6 they seemed to limit it to only the MoC proprietary database)? What all databases can be accessed and information retrieved (IMDB?)?
07-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Not sure gsbaker. How do I tell what databases can be accessed? Nothing seems apparent in the options window??

Regards,

Allan
07-17-2011, 01:47 PM
In v5 there is a "Settings..." button in the "Add Movies Automatically" screen that allows you to select from a list of available "Info Sources".
07-17-2011, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2011 09:03 PM by dave.t.)
Hi all
I am still having the same problem with V7 it stops in certain places during the export. so I tried version 8. It seems to go a bit further before it sits there.
V8 does allow other info sources but not to many. Such as TMDb and imdb.
For the covers section you have front, back, poster and backdrop.
Backdrop is not automatically updated though. You have to do this manually.
This is done through the same screen if you want to change covers except now each choice(front,back,poster and backdrop) you can change by a button called find online. It bring up picture choices you can use.
Even better you can crop the picture and use the crop section in the same display!
It now keeps the imdb No. and the TMDb No on the front of the screen.
There is probably more stuff to play with, but I Have no time as I am still trying to get this damn export to run.
Dave
07-20-2011, 03:41 AM
I had the same problem after I upgraded to internet explorer 9 so I did a restore or removed it from the add and remove programs. It works fine now. Just sharing my experience with the problem. I have no idea how it can affect it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Plex client just stops and returns to jukebox page mendes9 3 595 02-17-2014 02:59 AM
Last Post: halfelite
  MLMJ and Movie Collector 9 johnfromen6 7 2,711 06-19-2013 02:03 AM
Last Post: gsbaker
  [MLMJ] DVD Empire Script broken gsbaker 3 1,747 05-02-2013 12:28 AM
  [MLMJ] Script to convert from MLMJ to YAMJ Swannpin 9 2,671 02-16-2012 04:51 PM
Last Post: Swannpin
  [MLMJ] - Upgrading to Movie Collector 8??? gsbaker 4 3,714 11-21-2011 11:35 AM
Last Post: bigkid
  MLMJ and genre filters in MoC Penge58 1 1,780 08-28-2011 02:50 PM
  MLMJ Irfanview not closing when done Penge58 0 1,405 08-25-2011 10:44 AM
Last Post: Penge58
  [MLMJ] Is this project still active? charlesc 23 7,083 06-28-2011 11:39 PM
Last Post: michael1t
  MLMJ stuck with MoC version 7.1.6 Penge58 5 2,440 06-23-2011 05:47 PM
  MLMJ export issues - adding nmt: to location zhakrin 1 1,920 06-21-2011 02:56 PM