Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can't watch media on Web Inteface
07-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Can't watch media on Web Inteface
Hi there,

I know this question has been made a number of times, but trust me I couldn't find the answer. I have seen 2 or may be 3 posts asking the same, but with no reply... I'm affraid it could be irritating for some people. However, since I'm desperate, I will make it again: When connecting to my NMT, using http://my-NMT-ip-address:8088 web interface, I can browse the NMT files, but I can not play anything. On firefox all I see is a blank page, containing only the URL text. On Chrome there is a blank square where there should be the player window. On Internet Explorer I can see the Windows Media Player window embedded, but I always receive the same error: "The media could not be played. Connect to the Internet or plug the media again" (in short).

Is it possible to play NMT content on an Internet Browser? If so, do I need any specific program or plug-in?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2011, 12:34 AM
RE: Can't watch media on Web Inteface
Why not just mount the share and play with your favorite player?

Linksys E3000 (DD-WRT) - Cisco SG 200-08 - Synology DS1812+ - A-400 - Yamaha RX-V671 - Panasonic TC-P55GT30
C-200 w/ MN-200 WiFi - 30" Philips.
07-18-2011, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2011 01:20 AM by chris57.)
Exactly just turn the NMT App SMB server ON and then using your PC mediaplayer allow it access to the NMT to play it's files via simple sharing.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/i...ernal_Disk

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
07-18-2011, 08:44 AM
That's what I use to do when I'm at home. My intention was to access my popcorn from the outside, thru the Internet. I have tested I can reach the popcorn web interface from there, using NAT on my router, but I can not play any media. That feature seems to be there, but I don't get it working.
07-18-2011, 04:36 PM
How are you going to be able to stream is fast enough and without dropping any packets to enable it to play or play without any stutter?

A400: SD Card(Apps), HDMI C200: USB(Apps), BD ROM (SH-B083L(SB01)), HDMI
CAT6 Wired Network: TV Panasonic TX-P42G20, HP ProCurve 1400-8G, Netgear GS-608/605, Synology CS407
07-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure to understand your question. Do you mean I will not be able to do that because of the connection speed? If so, I have got it working using VLC, but I don't like this solution since I need VLC installed on the other side (apart from some crashes that I'm trying to solve)... This should mean the streaming is feasible, Isn't it?

What is a stutter? Sorry for my ignorance.
07-18-2011, 11:33 PM
(07-18-2011 08:44 AM)kalma Wrote:  That's what I use to do when I'm at home. My intention was to access my popcorn from the outside, thru the Internet. I have tested I can reach the popcorn web interface from there, using NAT on my router, but I can not play any media. That feature seems to be there, but I don't get it working.

Hi,
you can use musicbrowser. It will stream any kind of media with different playlist formats to any kind of browser. It's in the CSI repository for 1xx nmts but should also work with 200 nmts (except for the remote playing control, but that does not seem to be your interest).

I can give you more details, when I know what kind of nmt you have.

Guenter
07-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Well, it finally worked using a PC wiht IE 8 installed (my PC at home has IE 6 because my main OS is Ubuntu and I don't update Windows). Now I can connect from the outside and listen to music, but the movies do not work (perhaps because of the connection issues chris57 was commenting before).

Hi gkreidl. That sounds really great. My NMT is an A-110 with an 1 Tb HDD installed. Sorry for my ignorance again, but I don't know what is the CSI repository (is it a repository for NMT apps?). Yes, please, provide me with more details.

What I wonder now is if it would be possible to stream to an Android device (I tried Eyecon but it can not connect from outside my LAN), at least music.

Thank you all, guys.
07-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Android app: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=51143

Linksys E3000 (DD-WRT) - Cisco SG 200-08 - Synology DS1812+ - A-400 - Yamaha RX-V671 - Panasonic TC-P55GT30
C-200 w/ MN-200 WiFi - 30" Philips.
07-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Wow! It is amazing to me everything you may think somebody else has thought and, even better, done it before!!! It looks great. I will give it a try right now. Thank You BanditRider!!!
07-19-2011, 01:39 PM
(07-19-2011 11:40 AM)kalma Wrote:  Hi gkreidl. That sounds really great. My NMT is an A-110 with an 1 Tb HDD installed. Sorry for my ignorance again, but I don't know what is the CSI repository (is it a repository for NMT apps?). Yes, please, provide me with more details.

What I wonder now is if it would be possible to stream to an Android device (I tried Eyecon but it can not connect from outside my LAN), at least music.

Thank you all, guys.

CSI is a software (which runs on Windows, Linux, Mac and even on an NMT) which will install additional software from a repository on your nmt device. More here CSI

After installing it, you have to install lighttpd first and then musicbrowser. Replace the lighttpd config files with files from musicbrowser. More details in the README_NMT.txt file or here

Guenter
07-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Some light at the end of the tunnel... Thanks a lot, guys! I will give it a try and will come back with the results.
08-19-2011, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 07:45 PM by kalma.)
Hi guys,

as promissed, after some hours testing the apps you adviced, and some other combinations, I finally have almost everything working.

1. Streaming to a Laptop (thru the Internet, what means outside my LAN).
The best solutions I found to stream from the NMT thru the Internet are:

- Windows: either using IE 8 (with the WMP Plug-In) or Firefox + VLC (including the VLC Mozilla Plug-In). Both connecting to http://NMT-IP-Address:8088 (http protocol)
- Linux (Ubuntu): Firefox + Totem Plug-In (which is already included by default on most distros). In this case, connecting to ftp://user:password@NMT-IP-Address:21 (ftp protocol).

Both work fine playing DIVX (around 1 - 1,5 Gb), using a "standard" Internet connection. DVDs or bigger files (with higher bitrates) won't play unless both the server and the client do have a very good Internet connection.

2. Streaming to an Android device. This was not fully possible.

- Using VLC as a streaming server on my laptop, then a VLC client on the Android device. This was very tricky, since VLC is complex enough. Sometime I got it working (I'm not sure exactly why) and some others it didn't (I don't know why because I modified nothing in between). It usually complains about the codec conversion... In some occasions it crashes as well.
- Using DMT and Eyecon. Eyecon itself is not able to access the NMT thru the Internet, it has to be on the same LAN (or I didn't find out how). DMT is able to access NMT from the outside using FTP, but it plays movies using Eyecon or the built-in Android Media Player, which complains about the codecs (it can play a very limited number of codecs by the moment. I think this is a deffect that Google should work on). This solution was good for music only...

Any idea, comment or suggestion will be welcome.

Sorry, I forgot about the MusicBrowser issue.

I installed CSI and the MusicBrowser, but I guess I did something wrong since I am not able to play anything. I also installed the lightthttp server, but I didn't get to play anything, regardless what "play as" option I choosed. When I open the page, Firefox shows a message asking what to do with control.cgi (Cancel / Save File)... Perhaps this is the problem.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I think CSI is great!
08-20-2011, 08:42 AM
(08-19-2011 07:31 PM)kalma Wrote:  Sorry, I forgot about the MusicBrowser issue.

I installed CSI and the MusicBrowser, but I guess I did something wrong since I am not able to play anything. I also installed the lightthttp server, but I didn't get to play anything, regardless what "play as" option I choosed. When I open the page, Firefox shows a message asking what to do with control.cgi (Cancel / Save File)... Perhaps this is the problem.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I think CSI is great!

It seems that you did not replace the lighttpd.conf and php ini files withe the files I supplied with musicbrowser package. Check the README_NMT.txt for details.

Guenter
08-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah!!!!

Everything working ab-so-lu-te-ly fine!!! Thanks a lot again. Sorry, I was not aware there was a README file (though I should've guessed it).

You said "the files I supplied"... Does this mean you are the musicbrowser creator or have you somehow collaborated? If so, my wholeheartly congratulations to you and double thanks. I really appreciate your work and your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Music fuppes 0.629 for NMT - dlna, upnp media server [UPDATED: 31-May-2009] Mr Segfault 53 54,882 10-12-2011 01:04 AM
Last Post: spud
  Link to Media Source needed! pbusardo 1 1,841 02-12-2011 09:13 PM
Last Post: dc11ab
  Popcorn does not see Twonky or PS3 Media Server rgn2000 0 3,996 09-02-2010 09:14 PM
Last Post: rgn2000
  Media renderer not working bomek 1 1,623 08-12-2010 04:20 PM
Last Post: avanegmond
  Keep having to restart my PCH everytime i watch a film MrKennedy 0 1,076 03-08-2010 10:47 PM
Last Post: MrKennedy
  Download and watch from 2 network shares rujelus22 1 1,498 11-28-2009 03:43 AM
Last Post: kryzchek
  Stream Media File using JavaScript MikeMcr 0 1,367 11-07-2009 01:16 PM
Last Post: MikeMcr
  Torrent Watch, Transmission and Internet Connection Sulkin 1 2,398 10-28-2009 01:03 PM
Last Post: Romario1972
  network media tank toolchain Zaphot 143 77,587 10-15-2009 10:38 PM
Last Post: pac^man
  Network Media Tank API nateleavitt 0 1,409 06-03-2009 06:54 AM
Last Post: nateleavitt