Firmware: A-410 [01 Apr. 2014] | A-400 [12 Mar. 2014] | C-300 [13 Feb. 2014] | A-300 [24 Feb. 2014] | C-200 [11 July 2013] | A-200/A-210 [11 July 2013] | Popbox V8 [3 Dec 2013]

Just got your NMT | WIKI has the answers | Search the forum | Forum Rules/Policy | Firmware & Official NMT News | Popcornhour manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Newzbin bookmarks
10-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Newzbin bookmarks
I'm pretty new to newsgroups, but so far have been loving the convenince of using Newzbin to browse for new stuff from any computer, web device (iPhone), etc... anywhere I am and be able to trigger downloads that way. As some of you I'm sure know, one of the coolest features of using Newzbin w/ SABnzbd+ is if I use Newzbin's "bookmark" feature, I can check off any listing I want from my browser anywhere, and SABnzbd+ running on my PC at home will pick up the new addition I've added from their web page and download it.

However, I'd like to try using NZBget on the NMT to download instead of leaving the PC on. So the question is, since I know running SAB on the Popcorn Hour doesn't seem likely, how to use this combo of tools to not lose that bookmarking functionality? Would it be possible to, for example, run SAB once a day (or when it's powered on) from the PC to check for new Newzbin bookmarks, and have it download only the associated NZB file and not the rars and other files on the report? If it could download the NZB to the NZBget file directly on the NMT, then NZBget would download the rest of files, correct? Is there a better way to do what I'm asking? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2008, 10:15 PM
RE: Newzbin bookmarks
You can just use the web gui for nzbget here ..

http://popcorn_ip:8066

Set up your router to forward this port. (maybe change the password away from '1234' and remap the external port to some higher number eg 54321. )

Now you can use the web interface to upload NZBs. Downside is you need to first download the nzb whereever you are , and then upload it again to you home location.

Or is that not quite what you want?

Oversight: Jukebox | FeedTime: Automatic nzbs
10-14-2008, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2008 10:18 AM by Botond.)
Wussup fellaz, just placed an order for an A-110 im eagerly anticipating it Big Grin

MikeMav asked a great question that would be extremely useful if possible. Mike asked two questions really, ill try to elaborate ydrol:

1. Would it be possible for the Popcorn Hour (Nzbget specifically) to login to newzbin.com with your credentials every 15 minutes or so to check for your Bookmarked NZB's? If so, could it download those bookmarked NZB's, Unrar them, spit out the file then Delete the rars? (Then delete the Bookmark from newzbin.com). *************This would be an amazing feature****************

2. If the above isnt available, is it possible for NZBGet to monitor a folder on its internal drive (/home) for new NZB's? (I'd say this is a yes since you referred to uploading nzb's in your reply)
10-14-2008, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2008 11:05 PM by lordy.)
Hi,

re 1. I suspect It would be possible to write a script to do that, but assuming there are no authentication issues it wouldn't be robust. (ie if website changes)

re 2. Yes. nzbget by default monitors the ".nzbget/nzb" folder on your internal drive. this is how I usually load nzbfiles,
by saving them right into that folder, via (Windows Share or NFS) it's a lot less work compared to saving them locally then uploading & deleting them. I only upload via the web interface if I'm at a remote location outside of my network.

10-15-2008, 02:23 AM
(10-14-2008 11:04 PM)ydrol Wrote:  Hi,

re 1. I suspect It would be possible to write a script to do that, but assuming there are no authentication issues it wouldn't be robust. (ie if website changes)

That's awesome! How difficult would it be for you to write this script? I'd say this is one of the best features in the current SabNzbd plus. This would be a great add to the Popcorn Hour.
10-15-2008, 03:49 AM
(10-15-2008 02:23 AM)Botond Wrote:  That's awesome! How difficult would it be for you to write this script? I'd say this is one of the best features in the current SabNzbd plus. This would be a great add to the Popcorn Hour.

I currently use newzleech, is newzbin free? I could have a look to see what it's all about, but I'd need an invite (hint hint "newzbin at lordy.org.uk" )
I could have a quick look to see if it's doable if I have some spare time..
No promises though Wink

10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Newzbin isn't free but it only cost's 25 pence per week, and if you top up when there is a promotion on at Xmas you can get it for half price. It's definitely worth the money though.
10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
I told em to use SAB, but would they listen, nooooo lol

SABs integration to newzbin is unparelled, doubt nzbget is going to reproduce what sab does overnight, and even if they could, wrong place to ask really
10-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Newzbin is indeed awesome, it's very comprehensive and offers a vast amount of information and filters. I've sent you an invite ydrol Smile
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
i also use newzleech and i would welcome it if there is an script to enable searching over the nmt and downloading over nmt the nzb into the nzb folder, why because it is free and there is nothing to pay, why also you can find there everything for free Smile and last but not least "It is free Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin"
10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
£0.25 is close as comes to being free, try it, you will be converted in a week Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
i know newsbin, there is no advantage for me to use it anymore, thats the point, so why should i use an service, which first costs money and second has nothing special for me Smile, thats the reason why i am more for an open solution Smile,
i dont have problems to pay for something, i pay also for movies and have an big Collection of it.
But as long as i dont have to pay for something useless,i wont spend 1 cent for something like that hehehe.
Dont get it personal this are only my 2 cents hahahaha

regards werner

Ps: oh man this english sucks sometimes hahahaha
10-16-2008, 02:07 AM
With newzbin you have to pay to use the bookmarks and at present I dont have any real use for this myself.
I just save the nzb into to .nzbget/nzb.

I can replicate 'saved searches' by bookmarking search result pages in my browser with most free nzb sites.

What would be cool is automated downloading of series as episodes are shown (either via RSS of some other mechanism).
I'll probably tinker with that next.
eg using http://www.tvnzb.com/ or http://www.showdates.net/ or just generic searches at newzleech.

10-18-2008, 08:54 PM
(10-16-2008 02:07 AM)ydrol Wrote:  With newzbin you have to pay to use the bookmarks and at present I dont have any real use for this myself.
I just save the nzb into to .nzbget/nzb.

I can replicate 'saved searches' by bookmarking search result pages in my browser with most free nzb sites.

What would be cool is automated downloading of series as episodes are shown (either via RSS of some other mechanism).
I'll probably tinker with that next.
eg using http://www.tvnzb.com/ or http://www.showdates.net/ or just generic searches at newzleech.

That would be awesome. I had it working for a while with NZBtv and netdrive (to map the nzb directory on the pch to a drive letter on my laptop) but NZBtv lost the settings and I deleted it all....

C200 1.5 TB Hdd HDMI
A200 Metal apps on USB stick
TV: Samsung LE40C650

Visit my Personal Website
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Newzbin might not be there forever with the impending court case, gonna be interesting to see how they fair.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Newzbin server changed its protocol" bassie21 6 3,998 04-12-2012 10:40 AM
Last Post: jhmiller
  NZBget - Changing newzbin address DangerMouse 2 3,179 02-18-2012 01:19 PM
Last Post: DangerMouse
Brick [NewzBook] 1.2.8 Newzbin Bookmark + Mobile Search Utility + NZBget interface joshua.lyon 209 90,403 02-16-2012 11:44 PM
Last Post: eddyno1
  NMTDVR, NZBget & Newzbin redcat23 9 4,027 11-10-2010 02:11 AM
Last Post: redcat23
  still looking for newzbin invite gymee 2 1,327 04-29-2010 01:29 AM
Last Post: gymee
  Newzbin open for registrations daddy_again 0 1,693 03-31-2010 06:33 AM
Last Post: daddy_again
  "Fetch Newzbin Report" problem and NZB not deleting RARs after completion TheMentalSyzygy 26 9,712 01-08-2010 11:26 PM
Last Post: RchGrav
  A Newzbin question (no invite question) coendeurloo 4 2,875 12-11-2009 12:55 PM
Last Post: daniel_owen_uk
  Newzbin Desimir 7 2,471 12-07-2009 10:41 PM
Last Post: alim1801
  newzbin.com invitation? ZOO 59 25,881 11-11-2009 11:47 AM
Last Post: werner