NMTWiki talk:Community Portal
What is the Community Portal for?
I wasn't sure what this page should be used for until I looked at the same page for Wikipedia. Wikipedia Community Portal. Here is a quote from that page:
- "Welcome to the community portal. This is the place to find out what is happening on Wikipedia. Learn what tasks need to be done, what groups there are to join, and share news about recent events or current activities taking place on Wikipedia."
I suggest the NMT wiki follows suit.
Looks like the Community Portal is what I thought it was, first time for the WIKI believe me, a kind of chat room come update/development hangout for ideas to be bashed around chris57 17:14, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
Well, not really, but I did add some bullets on what we are expected to do with this Wiki! Feel free to debate it, preferably here or in the forum wiki thread.
/Dc11ab 19:31, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
I'm not sure whether it's clear enough how to contact someone in case of system problems; you suggested to use Community portal but there's no suggestion as where to write (here or on the page?), and who to address :-)
Anyway. The mediawiki you use right now send out confirmation email from a non-existing address (<www-data (at) loft6281.serverloft.eu>) which causes sender verification to fail and the confirmation email never to arrive. I know PHP is a braindead mess of crap, but nevertheless this can be solved, and I really suggest to fix it since it would be really great to actually get that email and click on that precious link, since without it I cannot get notifications from my talk page changes, for example. Please; thanks.
What is the reason behind not to allow commercial use? (By licensing all this material under CC-BY-NC.) With this you deny the possibility to have your content used in Wikipedia, for example.
It would be wise to define your pivacy policy, with main points as whether you plan to sell the email addresses and other data to spammers, whether you will publish the IP addresses of the registered editors with microsoft to let them murder us etc. --grin ✎ 09:30, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Grin, could you please elaborate in what cases you see for text/media should be copied to the Wikipedia?
- CC-BY-NC does not deny use in Wikipedia: Facts are never copyrighted, and linking is also possible. What else did you have in mind?
- The NC was added after a competitor (e.g. not an individual or non-profit) made blatant copies of the content from these pages.
- (I've forwarded your requests concerning the email issue and privacy statement to Syabas for their attention, as they own the site and let us use it.)
- /Dc11ab 21:11, 17 January 2011 (UTC)